More than 15 projects on sustainable energy in Lebanon were submitted to NEEREA during the first 20 days of 2016, with a total value of more than $12 Million. LCEC estimates that more than $300 million of projects will be implemented during the year. According to the 2015 statistics, the average amount per project was around $725,000. Around 75% of loan requests are dedicated to renewable energy, while the remaining 25% include energy efficiency projects. (To know more about the NEEREA statistics of 2015, visit the LCEC website: www.lcec.org.lb/NEEREA)

Meanwhile, the solar water heaters market is witnessing a new momentum in the Lebanese market. According to the latest LCEC statistics, the month of December 2015 scored 600 loan requests for solar water heaters. The loan requests are submitted to the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL) through 5 active Lebanese banks. The LCEC team at the Ministry of Energy and Water reviews the loan requests to assess the eligibility of the systems to be granted the $200 offered by the ministry. The annual installations of solar water heaters in Lebanon are estimated at around 12,000 to 13,000 units (around 70,000 square meters annually).